UMW Athletics will again host tailgating at the Battleground Athletic Complex sponsored by Virginia Lottery as part of Homecoming festivities on Saturday, October 22. This exciting aspect of Homecoming, reintroduced in 2013, bridges a gap to the past when tailgating on game day was an annual tradition at the University.
Homecoming Weekend Schedule
Friday, Oct. 21
M/W Swimming vs. Lynchburg - 6:00 pm - Goolrick Pool
Volleyball vs. Randolph - 6:30 pm - Ron Rosner Arena
Saturday, Oct. 22
Men's Rugby vs. Queens - 11:00 am/1:00 pm - Rugby Pitch
Field Hockey vs. Lynchburg – 12:00 pm – Turf Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
Women's Soccer vs. CNU – 12:00 pm – Grass Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
Men's Soccer vs. CNU – 2:30 pm – Grass Stadium, Battleground Athletic Complex
Alumni Game Schedule
Saturday, Oct. 22
Women's Rugby Alumni Game - 10:00 am
Swimming Alumni Meet - 10:00 am
Baseball Alumni Game - 10:00 am
Men's Tennis Alumni Match - 11:00 am
· There is a $20 entry fee for those Eagle fans without a reserved space who wish to enter the tailgating lot. Must have photo ID to enter the tailgating lot.
· Due to the size of the crowd and for all fans safety, NO VEHICLES will be permitted to stay in the soccer lot. Supplies and belongings will be transported from designated parking areas.
· All tailgate lots open at 9:30 a.m. and will close one hour after the final contest of the day has concluded.
· Purchaser(s) of each standard space will receive ten (10) complimentary wristband tickets and is responsible for distributing them to his/her guests. Premium spaces receive twenty (20) wristband tickets.
· NO GLASS containers will be permitted into the tailgating lot. Any glass containers found in the tailgate lot will be confiscated and disposed of. NO CHARCOAL GRILLS OR OPEN FLAMES of any kind. NO FOOD OR ALCOHOL MAY BE SOLD. Propane grills are the only permissible sources of heat cooking and responsible parties shall monitor use and extinguishment. Charcoal grills are prohibited. Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited.
· NO DOGS will be permitted to enter the tailgating area. Service dogs are permitted.
Beginning September 1, spaces may be purchased HERE.
Standard spaces are $250. Each of these spaces will include 10 guest passes and 1 reserved parking space
Location of standard space: Soccer Tailgate Lot and Rugby Tailgate Lot (SEE MAP ABOVE)
Premium spaces are $500. Each space will include 20 guest passes and 1 VIP parking space.
Location of premium space: Soccer Tailgate Lot. (SEE MAP ABOVE)
Walkup entry- 20 entry fee for those Eagle fans without a reserved space who wish to enter the tailgating lot. Cash payments only and must have photo ID to enter the tailgating lot.
General parking can be found along Hanover street or in the visitor spaces on campus.
All of the parking lots at the Battleground will be restricted to visitors and not available for general parking.
University of Mary Washington Tailgating Policy
Established June, 2013
Tailgating is defined as parking in a designated location/area and/or setting up nonpermanent facilities such as tables and chairs to consume food and beverages. Alcohol for those individuals of legal age may be permitted for the premises outlined below.
The University of Mary Washington does not sanction the consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages by underage persons; nor does it sanction the violation of federal, state, or local law. All rules and regulations of the University of Mary Washington remain in effect.
Individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner. Individuals acting in a disruptive, disrespectful, or disorderly manner may be asked to leave the premises or be subject to a citation or arrest. Noise levels for electronic sound amplification must be kept at a reasonable level. Both host and guest may be held liable for disruptive behavior.
Tailgating with alcoholic beverages is only permitted in the designated tailgating areas. Tailgating is permitted only on the Saturday of Homecoming weekend from 10am until one hour after the conclusion of the last soccer game or at other events approved by the University of Mary Washington.
Tailgating is permitted in designated and marked parking spaces only.
Parking spaces are standard size.
Consumption of Alcohol
No alcohol may be sold. No underage consumption or distribution of alcohol is permitted. No glass containers may be allowed into tailgate lot. It is expected that all participants will have valid ID clearly showing date of birth on their person. No student organization may distribute alcohol. Drinking games are prohibited.
Consumption and Preparation of Food
No food may be sold. Propane grills are the only permissible sources of heat cooking and responsible parties shall monitor use and extinguishment. Charcoal grills are prohibited. Open flame fires, including fire pits, are prohibited.
Dogs and other pets, aside from service animals, are prohibited.
All groups and individuals are responsible for the safe and proper disposal of trash and other. Failure to comply could result in suspension of future use or assessment of a clean-up fee. Trash containers will be provided in the tailgating area.
No sales activities are permitted in the tailgating areas.
No permanent or semi-permanent structures may be constructed or placed on University grounds.
Banners or signage recognizing or endorsing businesses or products may not be displayed.